Thursday, October 15, 2009

So as most of you know Tessa came to visit and we stormed through Australia in a span of 2 weeks. We went from Sydney to the Gold Coast (Surfer's Paradise) to the Whitsunday Islands,back to Sydney then to Melbourne, to Canberra. It was exhausting, but the trip of a lifetime. So many long talks, great beaches, interesting room mates, long bus/train/plane/boat rides, and good beer.

I have a feeling that this trip will be one that when I look back on my time here in Australia, it may be the only thing I remember, if not the memory my brain indexes with top priority. Sort of like how I can't remember much of this summer before or after Rothbury, or much of 2nd grade besides when Ms. Current shoved me up against the heater. Sadly, I will only be able to conjure up a few images of being a the hostel bar in Airlie Beach, or watching the sun set on Long Island, but not able to recall the care-free feelings ignoring my back pain, empty wallet, or future assignments. It sucks that such an amazing trip will eventually become a "remember when" memory and nothing more... Look at me, 20 years old and talking about life, what a bunch of bullshit.

To tell you all the details of the trip would mean me typing thousands upon thousands of words. However, since a picture is worth a thousand words, I will just let you look at the pictures. Maybe Tessa will give me some to add later. Maybe I will add captions to each one. Maybe.

1 comment:

  1. The memory thing..back pain, or that red sting something drink I heard about..beer.. drugged kangaroos..fumes, bad hostels could affect anyone. Yeah,the stories not on the blog are great!

    ReplyDelete